[Resolved] Author Box

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Author Box

Home Forums Support Author Box

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sagar

Hello there! Is there any solution to add the author box at the bottom of every post without adding a plugin?

If yes, please tell me the full process, how can I add that on my site.

Suraj Katwal
    Sagar

I have installed the security plugin on my site and that plugin is causing the isssue to excute the php.
    Error I get:
    Unable to execute PHP as DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT is defined.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks Suraj

You can add the PHP Snippet provided here to allow PHP execution just in the GP Hook Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_hooks_execute_php/

Sagar

Thanks, David. It worked perfectly fine. Could you please customize the PHP code? I want to set the link in the author name with the author page URL.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

try this instead it will add the link to the Author Title:

<div class="author-box">

<?php global $post; ?>

<div class="avatar"><?php echo get_avatar( get_the_author_meta( 'ID' )); ?></div>

<h5 class="author-title"><a href="<?php echo get_author_posts_url( get_the_author_meta( 'ID' ) ); ?>" title="Read more"><?php printf( esc_attr__( 'About %s', 'the author' ), get_the_author_meta( 'display_name') );?></a></h5>

<div class="author-summary">

<p class="author-description"><?php echo wp_kses( get_the_author_meta( 'description' ), null ); ?></p>

</div>

</div>
    Sagar

Would you mind on writing like this Written By “Author Name” on ” Published Date”?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Try this:

<div class="author-box">

<?php global $post; ?>

<div class="avatar"><?php echo get_avatar( get_the_author_meta( 'ID' )); ?></div>

<h5 class="author-title">Written by <a href="<?php echo get_author_posts_url( get_the_author_meta( 'ID' ) ); ?>" title="Read more"><?php echo get_the_author_meta( 'display_name'); ?></a> on <?php echo generate_do_post_meta_item( 'date' ); ?></h5>

<div class="author-summary">

<p class="author-description"><?php echo wp_kses( get_the_author_meta( 'description' ), null ); ?></p>

</div>

</div>
    Sagar

Thank you Tom ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.