[Support request] Author Archives

Home Forums Support [Support request] Author Archives

Home Forums Support Author Archives

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Emma

Hi

I have a question regarding ‘author archives’.

When I noindex the author archives using Yoast, the author archive is still displayed in the search results. I thought this was a bit strange as I had set it to noindex. I then noticed this message within the Yoast settings:

“Note that links to archives might be still output by your theme and you would need to remove them separately.”

Is there anything I need to do theme wise in order to noindex the author archives?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

noindex will simply tell search engines that you prefer that they don’t index those pages.

The pages will still be view-able by humans on your website if they come across them.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Emma

Hi Tom,

The page is still being indexed even after changing the settings in yoast.

I was wondering what this message meant within Yoast as it relates to the theme settings… I thought maybe this was the cause of the issue and it could be something theme related.

“Note that links to archives might be still output by your theme and you would need to remove them separately.”

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, we can remove the links to the author archives like this: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/disabling-linking-to-authors-posts/page/2/#post-370185

I believe that’s the only place in the theme that links to the author archives.

Let me know if you need more info ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.