- This topic has 28 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 months, 1 week ago by David.
July 7, 2020 at 4:21 am #1355017Simone
I uploaded the table of content plus plugin and the sticky widget. How can I add a post to the widget section so I can associate the table of content to my post in the sidebar?
I hope I explained my self cleary:)July 7, 2020 at 6:10 am #1355116DavidStaffCustomer SupportJuly 7, 2020 at 7:12 am #1355202Simone
Thanks, do you mean the widget on the right sidebar of the home page? But then it’s not related to a specific post. How can I relate to a specific post and not to all of them?July 7, 2020 at 7:32 am #1355228DavidStaffCustomer SupportJuly 7, 2020 at 7:59 am #1355425Simone
Not at all. When I put the code TOC in the widget sidebar on my home page, this widget appears on every post.I might do something wrongJuly 7, 2020 at 8:18 am #1355448DavidStaffCustomer SupportJuly 7, 2020 at 8:25 am #1355457Simone
Yes, I want to put the code to a specific post. I send you a link to a website that uses your theme and the same plugins, but he succeeded to put the code on a specific post. I don’t know how he did that.July 7, 2020 at 8:35 am #1355462DavidStaffCustomer Support
They built it in Elementor.
We can try this:
1. Go to Appearance > Elements -> New Hook.
2. Add the toc shortcode.
4. Check: Execute Shortcodes.
5. Set your Display Rules to the Post you want it displayed.July 7, 2020 at 8:39 am #1355465Simone
There is no new hook. I don’t find it. Also, I didn’t understand “Set your display rules to the post you want”July 7, 2020 at 8:46 am #1355474DavidStaffCustomer Support
You need to create a new Hook Element:
Then follow those steps.July 7, 2020 at 12:30 pm #1355677Simone
Ok, thanks. Can you tell me where to find the code of the TOC? Or I can just write TOC on the hook?July 7, 2020 at 12:36 pm #1355680LeoStaffCustomer SupportJuly 8, 2020 at 4:13 am #1356281Simone
I found the shortcode, and I inserted it in the hook. Bit now I don’t know what to do next. What should I write on the hook? https://www.screencast.com/t/0IaQ89yF9IhJuly 8, 2020 at 5:10 am #1356331SimoneJuly 8, 2020 at 6:47 am #1356437DavidStaffCustomer Support
In your Hook Element:
1. Title field: name this whatever you want. Example: Table of Contents
2. Check: Execute Shortcodes
3. Select the Display Rules Tab – in Location select the Post ( or Page ) where you want it displayed.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.