[Support request] Assigning WooComm Shop page changes formatting

Home Forums Support Assigning WooComm Shop page changes formatting

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by David.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    markus

When I assign the WooComm shop page in WooComm>Settings>Product, the content and the formatting changes, and I can no longer use Beaver Builder to edit the page. Woo is taking control over the page? Is there a theme setting to prevent this, so I can still edit the shop page as any other page? Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Woo replaces the Shop page with a function – which is why it becomes uneditable.
    What you would do instead is create your page, name it Shop but DO NOT assign it as the Shop in the Woo Settings.

It does mean you will need to add your own BB modukes / shortcodes etc to display the shop list.

markus

I see, so my shop page will be a regular page, but Woo (and possibly other plugins) will not know this, isn’t this bad?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not necessarily a bad thing.
    One thing to note is by default the Return to Shop buttons url is myshop.com/shop – this can be changed but you just want to ensure your custom shop page permalink matches that.

What changes are you wanting to make to the Shop page ? Do you have an example

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.