[Resolved] Article Teaser in Category

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Article Teaser in Category

Home Forums Support Article Teaser in Category

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Hari

Hi Tom,

i have another starter question that came up during migrating my blog from Theses 1.8.6 to Generate Press.

I have (at least the 3 first) articles on my blog in full text.

But ….. this makes no sense when one tries to get an overview via a category or other methods to select and search parts of the Content.

So I am looking for a way to still have the main articles in full text on the blog, but for example when selecting a category, just the title per article as a “one-liner” to get an overview.

An addtional Problem in the same area is the number of articles Show in wordpress. This is customized in WordPress and as I show the last articles in full text, my number is small (eg 5)

Very unfortunately this number is also used for searching and other selections, resulting in an badly unusable search function, one would want to see (lets say) 20 or 30 One-Liner-Hits and than select himself.

Any ideas? Is any flexibility in this area in your Pipeline?

Thesis had a nive Feature, that allowed to show a selected number of articles in Full, and all the others below just as teasers. And in a Category, it only showed the Titel and nothing more.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Hari,

I actually do this on our development category: http://generatepress.com/category/development

You can show only titles on category pages with this CSS:

.category .entry-content, 
    .category .entry-meta {
        display: none;
    }

As for your search results, you can try adding this PHP: https://gist.github.com/generatepress/d219381b78e9732b17c0

Then adjust the 100 to whatever excerpt length you want on the search results page.

Let me know if this is helpful or not 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.