[Resolved] Are grid classes no longer supported, what is the alternative?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Are grid classes no longer supported, what is the alternative?

Home Forums Support Are grid classes no longer supported, what is the alternative?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    webyogi

Hi,

Are grid-###, tablet-grid-###, mobile-grid-### … classes no longer supported?

What is the alternative? Generateblocks? But I use classic editor and it does not work with classic editor. Can I use Generateblocks code directly in the classic editor after installing the plugin? How?

What are my other options?

Thanks in advance.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

in Customizer > General, you can change the Structure to Floats. This will load the CSS for the grid-* classes.

GenerateBlocks will only work within the Block editor. Alternatives would be another plugin such as Lightweight Grid Columns.

webyogi

Thanks!

If you can spare a minute and guide on to how to code the below existing code using Flexbox?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

We would highly recommend using the Gutenberg editor and GenerateBlocks especially if you aren’t comfortable with Flexbox and custom coding.

You will be essentially writing the code in GenerateBlocks by yourself and that’s kind of pointless.

If you still want to go with that route, take a look at some Flexbox tutorials here:
    https://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/a-guide-to-flexbox/
    https://dev.to/drews256/ridiculously-easy-row-and-column-layouts-with-flexbox-1k01

You will see lots of examples if you Google “using flexbox to create columns”.

Hope this helps.

webyogi

Ya, that’s what I also thought after posting here that no point writing flexbox code manually after installing GenerateBlocks which is what it is meant for…

Thanks for all your inputs.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.