[Resolved] Archive page shows only 10 recent posts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Archive page shows only 10 recent posts

Home Forums Support Archive page shows only 10 recent posts

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    uche

Hello Leo,
    I have an issue with my blog archive page. It only shows 10 recent blogposts but I want it to show all my blogposts as I have 20 blogposts on the blog. I use a Display Post shortcode plugin with the following in it;
    [display_posts
    post_per_page= “1000”
    order=”DESC”]
    But it still shows only 10 posts. Please advice.
    Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure why the shortcodes are needed here?

That setting should be Dashboard > Settings > Blog pages show at most.

uche

I meant to say that I created a page and called it archives because I want all my posts recent and old to show on the page. I used a Display Shortcode plugin but it still doesn’t show all my posts rather it shows only 10 posts just like my front-page. What good is an archivepage if it doesn’t show every posts. Please I need yr assistance. Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

That case Tom’s WP Show Posts should be a better plugin to use: https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/wp-show-posts/

uche

I’ll try the plugin. Meanwhile, does downloading and installing the plugin solve my problem or is there a Shortcode or css I would need to type in the plugin so it does what I need it to do to my archive page?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’m not really understanding what you are trying to do.

WordPress create archive page by default.

But if you are hoping to insert posts into a static page then the plugin will definitely help.

uche

The plugin worked as my archive page is what I want it to be. Thanks.

I have another complaint I would appreciate your help in. It’s about my blogpost CPL(character per line) on mobile. I would like it to be a bit wider than it is presently on mobile(it’s very okay on desktop view). This is an example of the CPL I would want for my site — https://neilpatel.com/blog/reddit-get-traffic/
    My font size is 15px.
    Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you open a new thread for the question?

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.