[Support request] Apply Smooth Transition to Sticky Navigation (In-and-Out)

Home Forums Support [Support request] Apply Smooth Transition to Sticky Navigation (In-and-Out)

Home Forums Support Apply Smooth Transition to Sticky Navigation (In-and-Out)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Shahas

Hi, I’m very much impressed with the support from you guys from the last topics and i must say i’m a proud GeneratePress user :).
    How can i apply a smooth transition effect for the sticky navigation on in and out? Right now the sticky navigation only has a smooth fade-in effect. Also is it possible to trigger the sticky navigation according to my choice of window location?

I just want to be it like the navigation in this website: https://www.dtelepathy.com/blog/resources/26-free-condensed-fonts-to-propel-your-next-project

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Give this CSS a shot:

.main-navigation {
        transition: background-color 500ms ease;
    }

It’s not possible to choose when the sticky navigation initiates at the moment, unfortunately.

Glad you’re enjoying GP! 🙂

Shahas

It works, but the transition work for background-color only, instead i want it for both background-color and ‘top’ attribute i.e. sticky navigation should appear slowly while scrolling each time. Is it possible ?.

Can i achieve the initialization of sticky navigation by editing any of the theme’s js files?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s only possible if you always show the sticky navigation (not only when scrolling up). Then you can choose the “Fade” option.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.