[Resolved] Appending extra content alongside the navigation bar

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Appending extra content alongside the navigation bar

Home Forums Support Appending extra content alongside the navigation bar

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Richard Bland

Morning Tom,

I’ve had a client query which I know I can solve with some additional coding into the header, but I wondered if there was a way of adding some content alongside the navigation bar which is currently set to float to the right at the top of the page.

What I’d ideally like to do is to add in a couple of language flags ‘buttons’ for translation, but have them sit within or alongside the main navigation bar.

Any ideas on this one?

I know if I go into the header php file I can alter the grid containers and add in another container to house this content, effectively pushing the nav bar to the left a bit, but when it is responsive it will look a little odd.

How would you go about adding in these additional buttons to the top right of the site, where the main navigation bar is currently sitting?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Richard,

There’s a hook inside the navigation you can use: generate_inside_navigation

So it would be something like:

add_action( 'generate_inside_navigation','generate_insert_into_navigation' );
    function generate insert_into_navigation()
    { ?>
          Put your HTML or whatever in here
    <?php }

Let me know if that works or not ๐Ÿ™‚

Richard Bland

I will give it a try in a moment. I am working on the site as we speak. Cheers buddy.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Cool – I’m off to bed (12:30AM). Will check back in the morning ๐Ÿ™‚

Richard Bland

Is this a hook from the GP Hooks add on or do I need to put this function in somewhere else? I can’t see a GP Hook called inside navigation… ;-^

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That hook isn’t in GP Hooks yet, so you need to add it as a function: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/adding-php-functions/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.