[Resolved] Any interest for speed optimization to load Geogia Font locally?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Any interest for speed optimization to load Geogia Font locally?

Home Forums Support Any interest for speed optimization to load Geogia Font locally?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adrien

Dear GP Team,

I’d like to use two fonts. One is already locally loaded which is Montserrat.

Now I’d like to also add Georgia but I see that it’s already in the default System Fonts of GP Customizer.

Is there any interest in speed optimization to load it locally and not use the one from GP Customizer?

Thank you for your insights. Best, Adrien

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Georgia is a system font which means it doesn’t make a font request as it ‘expects’ the local device to have that pre installed.

However, not all devices have the same system fonts. And although Georgia may be something installed on a Win/Mac desktop device it probably is not going to show up on mobiles, which means it will default to the devices system font. In the case of Android devices that would probably be Roboto ( or one Googles Droid fonts ).

If you want Georgia to appear on all devices you would have to serve the font locally – which would require you acquiring a ( maybe licensed ) copy of the font

Adrien

Dear David, Thank you for taking the time. Appreciate it.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.