[Resolved] Any ideas how I can get the pagespeed in the green zone?

Home Forums Support Any ideas how I can get the pagespeed in the green zone?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    nomadiceman

Hi admin,

Ive rebuilt my site with generate press and the premium plugin. Ive got wp-rocket running on the site too

The home page gets a pagespeed score of 95, however the individual posts get 87 or lower In fact all pages get a good score except the individual posts.

Can you take a look and see if its anything to do with generatepress that’s causing that. Ive tried lots of different variations with the cache plugin and shortpixel plugin for image optimisation

GTmetrix score is great, but the google pagespeed grade is driving me crazy haha

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i just ran pagespeed and google grabbed the amp page and it reports a mobile rating of 91 ?

nomadiceman

Is there a way to stop it using the amp page?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Why would you want Google to not use the Amp page ?

nomadiceman

It currently looks terrible. I’ve not done any styling on it.

I’ll relook at it

The cookie plugin and google analytics seem to be lowering the PageSpeed score I believe.

nomadiceman

I defo need to work in the amp page 😭

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If AMP is going to be part of your site then it probably best you focus on making that right.
    If AMP isn’t then you’ll probably find once Google has gained some real world data we may be able to see what real world improvements can ( if any ) be made.

nomadiceman

Great thanks

Just a quick question. Are you saying that you don’t think AMP needs to be used on every site? I assumed we should. I guess I’m wrong. I’ll maybe just remove the amp plugin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Lots of mixed opinions regarding AMP. There seems to be a lot more bloggers leaning towards having it nowadays….

nomadiceman

great thank you. i will learn more about it and decide if to use or not

thanks again for your help

nomadiceman

Just an update to the page speed insight test

I removed amp and installed Fast Velocity Minify. im already using wp rocket

now im getting 93+ grade on page speed insights 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome – thanks for letting us know how 🙂

nomadiceman

This is an interesting article talking about AMP. I think I’m going to go with no AMP

https://www.searchenginejournal.com/mobile-first-indexing-and-ranking/372713/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Good old John Mueller – always left to him to clear up google algorithm confusions.

Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.