[Support request] Another Top Bar Issue

Home Forums Support [Support request] Another Top Bar Issue

Home Forums Support Another Top Bar Issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anita

Hi guys,

I would like to add a top bar to my older sites. The widget is there in my dashboard but not in the layout section of Customize. In my two newest sites it is where its supposed to be. Actually, until I installed these two sites, I didn’t know there was a top bar option.

In one of the older sites, I got it to show by putting an audio player in it. (I don’t really want one, I just wanted the bar to show up.) Great, but there’s no real way to do anything else with it, like change colors or add an image, since it still doesn’t show up in the Customize menu. Is there a way to fix this?

I appreciate your sage advice. 🙂

Anita

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,

By default, the top bar should appear when there’s a widget placed in its widget area.

But some plugins or CSS can prevent the top bar widget area from displaying.

That said, can you disable all plugins except for GP premium and check if it still occurs?

Let us know.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Anita

Okay. Doing that now.

Anita

Oh, awesome, it’s there now! Thanks so much, Elvin! You’ve made my day . . . or rather my night!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oh, awesome, it’s there now! Thanks so much, Elvin! You’ve made my day . . . or rather my night!

To add:

You can go activate the plugins one by one to see which one is in conflict with the top bar.

Once you’ve determined which plugin is causing the issue, you can decide to whether replace it with another plugin that works with GeneratePress or completely remove it. 🙂

Let us know if you need further help. 😀

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

Anita

I made a mistake in thinking my Niche theme had a top bar. It does say I do, but after deactivating the plugins as you mentioned, no top bar showed up in Layout. Is this something to do with the theme itself? or is there something more I have to do for this site?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you share a link to your site so i can see whats going on?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.