[Support request] AMP Error: A value for the url field is required.

Home Forums Support [Support request] AMP Error: A value for the url field is required.

Home Forums Support AMP Error: A value for the url field is required.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Amit

When I am testing structured data, the error ‘A value for the url field is required.’

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Are you adding a URL field somewhere on the page?

Amit

Somewhere in the footer widget, if I am right about what you are asking.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m not seeing any URL fields in the footer? Is there somewhere on your site someone can add their URL?

Amit

No, it’s the blog section. No one can add the URL. IN sidebar, I guess I’v added links to 2 of my pages. This page is popping the error – https://www.friedcoffee.com/blog/amp/

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I just looked through the HTML and couldn’t find any URL fields on that page.

It does seem to be using some sort of custom solution other than GP. Maybe a plugin?

Mendy

Hey folks,

I’m a bit of a newb so It took me a while to figure this one out but I hope this helps someone else who might be experiencing this issue.

I have the Schema plugin installed on my site in addition to the Yoast plugin. I had my logo in the Site Identity area and in Yoast and I couldn’t figure out why I was seeing this error.

Turns out, the settings on the Schema plugin override the settings on the Yoast plugin so all I needed to do was add my logo to the Schema plugin.

Problem solved.

Hope this helps!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for sharing! 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.