[Resolved] Alt text for ‘Large’ image version missing – Is this usual?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Alt text for ‘Large’ image version missing – Is this usual?

Home Forums Support Alt text for ‘Large’ image version missing – Is this usual?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Shrawan

Hello Generatepress team,

I was doing an Ahref tools audit and came across something – So whenever I upload an image (1280 px width), the WordPress system automatically creates smaller versions, such as thumbnail (125 px), medium (700 px), large (1024 px) besides the original size.

I fill out the Alt Text, Title & Description everytime I upload an image, but Ahref tells me that the Alt text for all my ‘large’ images (the version I’ve chosen to insert within my stories) are missing their ‘Alt text’ attribute. I can’t seem to find any option that allows me to copy+paste the alt text into my smaller image versions.

I also read that Alt Text is one of the important ranking factors for images, more so than the title.

Could you provide guidance on this? Should I ignore this, or would you recommend a fix?

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The size shouldn’t matter – it all uses the same code to output the image. Is there somewhere I can see the same image using both sizes with and without the alt tags?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.