[Resolved] All gutenberg blocks showing up as text

Home Forums Support All gutenberg blocks showing up as text

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by David.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Martin K Lønne

Running the latest version of GeneratePress and GP Premium, and all Gutenberg blocks are now showing up as text, like;

<!-- wp:paragraph -->
    <p>Bla bla</p>
    <!-- /wp:paragraph -->

The console is giving two warnings;

<em>Button isDefault prop is deprecated. Please use isSecondary instead.
    [DOM] Found 2 elements with non-unique id #_wpnonce: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) <input type=​"hidden" id=​"_wpnonce" name=​"_wpnonce" value=​"bfba76f940">​ <input type=​"hidden" id=​"_wpnonce" name=​"_wpnonce" value=​"56fcd79998"></em>​

Any idea how to fix this and have the blocks working again?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

can you make sure your in Visual editing mode in the editor – you can select this in the top bar 3 dot menu.

Martin K Lønne

Hi!

Good point, that part of the menu actually isn’t visible at all. The thee dotted menu is there, but nowhere to select between Visual editor or Code editor.

Anyway, I’ve found a way around the problem, which seems to be related to my particular admin user. It was created manually using this guide; https://wpengine.com/support/add-admin-user-phpmyadmin/ . So it seems this is missing something when it comes to Gutenberg. Added a new admin user for myself in the WordPress control panel and all is well with that new user.

Thank you for the fast reply!

Martin K Lønne

Oh, wait, seeing that guide again I “might” have skipped out on the last part..

if( $me == idiot ) :
      continue;
    endif;

😉

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So have you resolved the issue ?

Martin K Lønne

Yes, I have. A fresh user did the trick. Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.