[Support request] All 404 page Redirect to Homepage

Home Forums Support [Support request] All 404 page Redirect to Homepage

Home Forums Support All 404 page Redirect to Homepage

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ranjit Kumar

Google webmaster showing too many 404 error page. how to redirect all my 404 error page to the home page or any other way as per SEO. please help me.

GP Premium 1.7.2
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you can redirect all 404’s but its probably better from an SEO point of view to track and fix them. This article is good:

https://yoast.com/404-error-pages-checking/

Ranjit Kumar

actually when I bought the domain, that time I don’t know this is an expired domain. now google webmaster showing all 404 error page of the previous website. please suggest how to fix this.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am not no expert, but if the old links that are 404ing have genuinely no new destination then it is better to ignore them then it is to redirect them. Over time as google crawls the site they will disappear. You are not down ranked in any way for this. For a new site this may take some time.

Inga

Have the same problem. The old 404 not found links don’t disappear about one year. I was hacked with Japanese Keyword Hack thru one plugin which have backdoor. I make my website from new and links still showing in webmaster after one year, sad.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.