[Resolved] Aligned Widgets on Header Logo

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Aligned Widgets on Header Logo

Home Forums Support Aligned Widgets on Header Logo

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    architectureonscreen

Hi!
    I wanted to align the widgets on my header logo, I’ve tried a lot of ways but I can’t seem to have it done the way I wanted it. Having it float on the side would be acceptable if that is easier to do.

Also how can i fix the header and just scroll on the content of say my blog?

here’s my site
    http://architectureonscreen.com/

Thank you so much, I would really appreciate your help on this.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

To put your header widgets side by side, you could do something like this:

.header-widget .widget {
        display: inline-block;
        vertical-align: top;
    }

And to fix your header, this should help: http://generatepress.com/forums/topic/how-can-i-create-a-fixed-header-and-top-menu-in-the-generate-press-theme/#post-31579

architectureonscreen

Thanks, it works pretty well on the desktop although there’s a space on the phone version from the widget to the logo that makes it look bad.
    Also, I wanted to make my menu tab to stick on the top page. I manage to make the header and menu stick on top, but it doesn’t look good on mobile so I want to change it to just the menu.
    Thank you! 🙂

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

For the nav only: http://generatepress.com/forums/topic/keep-menus-visable-with-scroll/#post-54453

Not sure what you mean by the space on mobile as I’m only seeing one widget in your header?

architectureonscreen

Sorry but it doesn’t work. I’m using GP Premium. I tried to follow the instructions on your link but I can’t even do the first step.

The space between my widget on top and the logo is too large is what I mean. Is there a way to fix it? in the desktop the widget is inline with my logo, and its on top on mobile, but its too far from the logo.

Thanks

architectureonscreen

I was able to solve my second problem, the space between the logo and header. No need to respond on that. Just the first one, sticking the menu tab on top, and if possible change the transparency? Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The steps in the post I linked to deals with everything, including transparency.

Making the navigation sticky like that does require some custom work, but all the steps are outlined in that post – no way around them at this time. You could start off with one of the child themes listed in that post, and then customize them to look different in the Customizer, while keeping the sticky nav?

I am working on an add-on which will have that feature, but it probably won’t be out for a bit.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.