Alerts for WP update compatibility

Home Forums Support Alerts for WP update compatibility

Home Forums Support Alerts for WP update compatibility

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    garymontalto

It would be helpful to know when you have finished testing GeneratePress and its child themes against the latest update to WordPress core, so we know when it is safe to update our individual WP cores and not have to worry about GP compatibility with the latest WP update.

Perhaps you could push out a mass email to your email user list, or at least post such an alert on the GP website and GP Facebook page. Just something simple like “GP version x.x.x and child themes have been tested and are compatible with WP version x.x.x”.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Gary,

I’m always running the latest beta WP version on my development site, so unless you hear otherwise (through here, Facebook, email), you’re safe to update.

GP uses standard WordPress features, so you really don’t need to worry about any compatibility issues at all ๐Ÿ™‚

Ivaylo Popov

My suggestions is not related with this thread. May be you know, may be not for this site:
    http://themecheck.org. Our lovely theme have 97% score. If you can fix this 3 Warnings, you can use this badge on the Generatepress home page.

Regards,
    Ivo.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ahh I know – so close to perfect.

The three suggestions are:

No reference to custom header was found in the theme.: This is because we have a custom header/logo option in the Customizer instead (much better).

No reference to custom background was found in the theme.: This option is handled by our Backgrounds add-on, which has WAY more functionality than the default WP background option. Although I might add this anyways for free users.

No reference to add_editor_style() was found in the theme.: I’ll be adding this shortly ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.