[Resolved] Ajax Search Pro Woe

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Ajax Search Pro Woe

Home Forums Support Ajax Search Pro Woe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Oh what a time I’m having trying to implement Ajax Search Pro

Documentation on their website says for generatepress works out of the box, it doesn’t.

Tried all manner of things, then I thought. I know. Have an off canvas search. Enabled that, added the widget and for some reason the hamburger menu appears on my main nav. When I click the hamburger I get a menu that includes a downloads widget (which isn’t in the widget list) and the ajax search pro widget.

Looks bad, and what’s more the ajax search doesn’t work. Looking in the console there’s not found errors for the off canvas java.

What I’d really like is to replace your search on main nav, with the ajax search pro. Have looked through the forums here for solutions, but I just can’t get any to work. I use max mega menu to confuse things further, and their documentation for adding ajax search pro refers to clicking “replacements” which isn’t an option with the version I have, which is new.

Any help, greatly appreciated. I’d be happy to have search on an off canvas menu, or on the main nav as long as it worked in the same way yours does with the drop down box etc. I can’t really leave the hamburger menu on the main nav as it’s going to confuse visitors.

This is what it looks like on the menu..

https://prnt.sc/ubfu4o

This is what the off canvas looks like

https://prnt.sc/ubfuln

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Have you checked with their support on this, yet? What should the “Site Search” button in the main navigation right now do when clicked?

When you add the site search to the off-canvas panel widget area, it simply doesn’t show? Can I see that?

Michael

Hi Tom,

I’ve left the off canvas option on so you can see. It adds two widgets, even though there’s only one added to it. It adds the download navigation (looks like) and the ajax search widget (which doesn’t work.. ie doesn’t find anything).

I’ve contacted their support, and still waiting on a response.

Ideally I’d like the site search to drop down a box that can be typed in, and the ajax search does it’s thing live searching etc. If that’s not possible, I was going to have an off canvas version of the same.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not seeing the Off Canvas toggle in the navigation ?

Michael

Hi David

I had to remove it. I did manage to get a semi working version inside the off canvas, it would show the search box, and allow typing, but it wouldnt show the results. Eventually traced the source of the problem and now I have the search box as a widget inside the navigation menu. I think off canvas may have looked better, and it may be something to do with focus. Main thing is though it is working now.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it working 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.