[Resolved] after 2.1 update, menu down arrows in different position

Home Forums Support [Resolved] after 2.1 update, menu down arrows in different position

Home Forums Support after 2.1 update, menu down arrows in different position

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Natalie

I have updated my dev site to GP2.1 and when I compare to the live site I see that the new GP down arrow icon on the main menu is 1 px higher.

see here (new version on left, old version on right)

menu before and after GP2.1 update

Obviously it doesn’t break the site, but I think it looks a lot better where the icons were when the font was Fontawesome.

I don’t think it’s the actual font file as I have looked at the FA font file and the new GP font file (which by the way has the font name ‘icomoon’ – may like to update that).

The down arrow icon looks to be identical in both – especially in regard to the vertical placement.

I suspect it is something in the css, but I can’t pin it down.

I’m happy to add my own custom css to adjust it if you can let me know where. I have tried quite a few things already but nothing is working.

Thanks

Natalie
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I noticed this as well. I think it could even come down a couple pixels – it was a little high in 2.0.2 as well.

I’ll get this fixed in 2.1.1.

You can use CSS for now, but be sure to remove it once you update to 2.1.1, or your icons will be too low:

.dropdown-menu-toggle:before {
        position: relative;
        top: 2px;
    }
    Natalie

Perfect! – thanks so much. That css works.

Thank you for fixing in v 2.1.1 (I thought I was being a bit perfectionist about the positioning so I’m glad you agree ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can grab the updated font files now if you want: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/tree/release/2.1.1

They’re in the fonts folder.

I’ll be releasing 2.1.1 tomorrow morning ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.