[Resolved] Advanced Custom Fields plugin and GeneratePress

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Advanced Custom Fields plugin and GeneratePress

Home Forums Support Advanced Custom Fields plugin and GeneratePress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Pedro

Sorry for posting an off-topic question, but would anyone here have any experience with the Advanced Custom Fields plugin?

I don’t code and any attempts at setting it up have failed. I do get the custom fields to appear in the backend (post edit page), and I even add the values and it saves them. However, they don’t appear in the frontend. I’m pretty sure I must add code to a .php file and grab the values somehow but I haven’t got the slightest clue about how to do this…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Most of the PHP you need is on the page you linked to: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/resources/code-examples/

What are you using it for? Displaying custom data throughout the theme?

Pedro

Yes, that’s it, Tom.
    I had created a custom post type named “Places” (under which there’s restaurants, bars, cafes, museums, etc.), so I was trying to use the ACF plugin to create custom fields that could be visible on the frontend only for these custom types.

I tried adding their code to single.php, head.php, etc. but unsuccessfully.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You may be better off asking in their support area – I’ve never used the plugin so I’m not sure exactly what could go wrong – I usually write my own metaboxes.

Let me know if they’re any help or not 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.