[Resolved] AdSense ads do not appear on my site anymore

Home Forums Support [Resolved] AdSense ads do not appear on my site anymore

Home Forums Support AdSense ads do not appear on my site anymore

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Carsten

Hi there, by mistake I deleted my wp_head hook element with my AdSense script, and now I have created a new element.
    The problem is, that the ads does not appear anymore. Auto ads are on and site active at AdSense.

Execute PHP does not have to be marked to add a script in the element?

I also added the script directly in my header.php in my child theme within the <head> </head> tags, but same result.

Ads have been working, and settings has not been changed in AdSense, any idea why ads are not kicking in?

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

sometimes it takes Google a little time before the activate the script.
    Other things that may be an issue is page caching on the server – so you’re changes are not updated.

If you can link me to a page where the ads should be visible i can look for possible issues.

Carsten

For some reason, ads are displayed on admin pages

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

There is this error in the console:

O {message: "adsbygoogle.push() error: Only one AdSense head tag supported per page. The second tag is ignored.", name: "TagError", pbr: true, stack: "TagError: adsbygoogle.push() error: Only one AdSen…esyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js:235:225"}

There are two requests being made for the script.
    Make sure you have only one. So if you have one in a Hook element and one in the header template you need to remove one of them.

Carsten

Thanks for checking this out, I have had two elements with scripts before, without any problems, so I’m not sure this will solve it, but let’s see, I guess it is enough to draft the element with the script?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

As long as there is only one ad script then there shouldn’t be a problem.
    Yes, you can change the element status to draft to disable it.

Carsten

I deleted the code in my header.php, and activated the element with the script, until now, nothing changed, but time will show.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problems 🙂 Hope it shows up soon.

Carsten

Still no ads in sight, it must be something else 😉

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I am not seeing any adsense code on the Sog page. Are the display rules for the Hook element correct ?

Carsten

Hi there, there have been no changes to the element, the display rules is set to entire site with no exclusions.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ok so i can now see the script.
    I ran a test on your site and this:

https://googleads.g.doubleclick.net/pagead/html/r20200914/r20190131/zrt_lookup.html

is being blocked by your robots.txt – which may be the reason it is not being displayed.
    I am not sure – but the script is where it needs to be and there are no errors.

Carsten

I deleted the robots.txt file and the corresponding plugin ‘Blackhole for Bad Bots’, though the ads have been displayed, with the Blackhole for Bad Bots plugin active.
    So far the ads haven’t showed up, so i’m still not sure this is causing it.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you tried verifying the adsense code on your site?

There is nothing within GP that would effect whether a script is fired. The code is appearing in the right place and there are no errors in the console. So it’s something else outside of our scope that is affecting it – it may just be a matter of time for google to respond.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.