[Resolved] Adobe Typekit process changed with dynamic typography?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adobe Typekit process changed with dynamic typography?

Home Forums Support Adobe Typekit process changed with dynamic typography?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    drew

Hi guys, after enabling dynamic typography I can’t get any of the Adobe Typekit font families to show as options. I have the hook with the Typekit script added in wp_head and set to the entire site (it’s showing in line 95 via view-source, view-source:https://emberlightfest.wpengine.com/) plus the snippet in place with the needed font family name:

add_filter( 'generate_typography_default_fonts', function( $fonts ) {
        $fonts[] = 'nimbus-sans';

return $fonts;
    } );

All of my existing Typekit connections on installs not using dynamic typography are working fine but the system doesn’t seem to be able to find the font when it’s activated: https://www.screencast.com/t/R1DEC6JloR

Is the process different when dynamic typography is enabled?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you don’t require the generate_typography_default_fonts filter function.
    Simply type the name of the font into the font family name field. And make sure to leave the Google Font option disabled.

As a note the field can be used to write a font stack or simple fallback

eg. Fontname, sans-serif

drew

Thanks David, this is great. So if I’m following correctly, this is the process:

1. No longer need to use the snippet, delete any that exist
    2. enter Adobe Typekit font name into the “Font family name” field directly in Customizer > Typography > Add Font; eg. nimbus-sans, sans-serif
    3. Rinse and repeat for each font family to add

Do you have instructions on how to implement the fallback font stack?

Am I missing where these instructions exist in the documentation? All I can find is an entry about enabling dynamic typography but the actual typography settings seem to be pre update.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

1,2,3 – totally correct. Documentation is being worked on, should be up their very soon.

The Font Family Name Field will accept any content so you write in your own stack eg.

My Font, Times New Roman, Garamond, Courier, serif

Just consider it like you’re writing the CSS font-family property ๐Ÿ™‚

drew

Many thanks ๐Ÿ‘

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.