[Resolved] Adjust the Separating Space Sidebar and Main Content Area Only

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adjust the Separating Space Sidebar and Main Content Area Only

Home Forums Support Adjust the Separating Space Sidebar and Main Content Area Only

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Elle

Hi,

Is there any way to adjust the separating space between the right sidebar/widgets and the main body without it affecting the spacing on the top and bottom of the elements?

Right now if I add separating space, I get it on 4 sides. I just want more air between the sidebar and the main content area.

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

The easier way would be to use the customizer option to adjust space so it’s what you wanted between the sidebar and main content, then use CSS to adjust the top and bottom:

.right-sidebar.separate-containers .site-main,
    .separate-containers .inside-right-sidebar,
    .separate-containers .widget {
        margin-top: 20px;
        margin-bottom: 20px;
    }

Adding CSS: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Elle

Hi,

Thanks, that seems to work! I had to add !important, however.

Cheers

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad it’s working!

flyinjs1

Hello, I to add space between widgets on the sidebar in a “post”. How do I add space between a search widget and the image in my sidebar? here is an example using my site.

https://www.endlessremedies.com/breast-enhancement-cream/

Thanks

John

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi John,

Any chance you can open a new topic for your question?

Thanks!

Leslie

What was added to this CSS code given above to add spacing between the main body content and right sidebar element? I put in what Leo gave above and it didn’t work.

Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this topic is over 3 years old – a lot has changed since then. If you can raise a new topic and share a link to your site so we can see the layout we can provide some CSS that works for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.