[Support request] Adjust Text Size of Mobile Submenus

Home Forums Support [Support request] Adjust Text Size of Mobile Submenus

Home Forums Support Adjust Text Size of Mobile Submenus

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hello,

I received a notice from Google letting me know that my website is not mobile-friendly due to small text and for clickable items being too close to each other. (oddly though, the site passes their online check that I ran) The only items on my site that could cause this are the submenus for mobile display. The default text is pretty small and the line items are indeed close to each other due to the tiny font size.

I saw a similar topic discussed here but for some reason, now I can’t find it. In that thread, it stated that adjusting mobile text isn’t a commonly requested feature, so it isn’t included in the Theme but custom code was given to fix the issue.

I’m not a programmer, so would it be possible to get that code snippet and some basic instructions on how to apply it?

For me to get this notice from Google seems like this should be a feature to add, to adjust mobile submenu text size, so it seems worth adding on a future release due to the importance of responsive design. I checked best I can to see if there is a way to adjust the text size, but I failed to find any so that’s why I came here.

Thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

ok so it could be your submenu font size and the lineheight which are being set by Elementor – you can use this CSS to correct that:

.elementor-nav-menu--dropdown.elementor-nav-menu__container .elementor-sub-item {
        font-size: 16px;
        line-height: 28px;
    }

Or it could Google having one of its moments where it fails to load all the necessary style sheets and scripts for the site, which then throws up these kind of errors. If this were the case then is generally a sign that the site requires optimization to reduce the number of requests it makes – but i checked your site and it looks fine – so could be just a google moment.

Michael

Thank you for the quick reply and for checking. I think I’ll still make that update because the text could be made a little bigger and some people might stumble a bit with the submenu if on a phone. Now I will try to see how to add this code. It must be simple but it’s something I never did before so hopefully, I don’t mess it up.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Its CSS this document explains:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

TLDR: Simplest place to add is Customizer > Additional CSS

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.