[Resolved] Adjust spacing of content within a widget

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adjust spacing of content within a widget

Home Forums Support Adjust spacing of content within a widget

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Alison

Hello there, thanks for a great theme; GP Premium makes it so easy to make lots of changes. I have a couple of questions. Two things I have not been able to figure out how to change are the following:

1) Adjusting the amount of space between the title of a widget and the content of that same widget.

2) For a “Recent Posts” widget, how to change the amount of space between each listed post. The default spacing does not separate the post titles enough, so it is very hard to tell that there are multiple posts – it just looks like one big section of text.

Is there a way to do these things via the Premium features that I just did not see? I have successfully changed the padding between multiple widgets, but both of these issues have to do with spacing/padding within the content of a widget. Is there some CSS that will allow me to make those adjustments?

Thank you so much for the help. Warm regards.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Alison,

you can set the bottom margin of the widget titles in the Customiser > Typography > Widgets. It defaults to 30px.

For the Recent pots you can try this CSS:

#recent-posts-2 ul li {
        padding-bottom: 20px;
    }
    Alison

Hi David,

Thank you so much for the reply! Setting the bottom margin of the widget titles worked perfectly.

For the CSS you provided, when I add it, the WordPress editor gives me the following errors:
    – Expected (<padding-width>{1,4}) by found ‘bottom’.
    – Expected RBRACE at line 2, col 20.

Will it work properly despite those errors? I wanted to check before implementing it.

Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oh my, its one of those days lol – i edited the code above.

Alison

Hi David,

No worries! The new code worked perfectly – thank you so much for the quick assistance!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Alison! Glad we got there in the end =)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.