[Resolved] Adding 'WP show posts' php to premium GP

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adding 'WP show posts' php to premium GP

Home Forums Support Adding 'WP show posts' php to premium GP

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Hi Tom (and support)

I’ve been struggling with adding some php to a category-slug page that I created in premium GP. What I intended to do on this category page was to display:

Sub-category:
    – 3 posts

Sub-category:
    – 3 posts

After doing my best to swat up on the loop (resetting etc) and templates I eventually gave up and hoped that WP Show posts would bridge the gap. With the plugin I’ve gotten close, but feel like I’m now just pasting the php into random places in hope that it works!

Are you able to give me a bit of direction please?

At the moment it’s just a test site, so I’ll include that URL in the form below.

Many thanks

Mike

ps It was really a flip of a coin as to which forum to post to here, so apologies if you’d have preferred on WP Show posts.

GeneratePress 2.0.2
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hey Mike,

Could you not just create different lists which include those specific categories. Then display them within a static page.

Alternatively you could use the function that comes with the list, and include it within your template file.

Michael

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply, it was the adding the function that I’m struggling with. I must be adding it incorrectly or missing something. The category-slug page is the renamed archive.php, not sure if that is the problem? I just couldn’t seem to place it in the right spot to produce anything other than than the white error screens.

Will try again,

Mike

Michael

Hi Tom

Follow up is that I’ve been successful in making the changes. Changing some display settings and also ‘Get template’ made the difference. Extra reading on the loop and the coding that I was looking at helped ๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry to have slightly wasted your time, greatly appreciate both template and plugin.

Cheers

Mike

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, glad you got it figured out! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.