[Resolved] ADDING TEXT IN MENU BAR TO TAKE UP SOME OF BLANK SPACE ON MOBILE DEVICES

Home Forums Support [Resolved] ADDING TEXT IN MENU BAR TO TAKE UP SOME OF BLANK SPACE ON MOBILE DEVICES

Home Forums Support ADDING TEXT IN MENU BAR TO TAKE UP SOME OF BLANK SPACE ON MOBILE DEVICES

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    George

Hi,

I am trying to see if there is a way i can add text or at least the site name in that blank spot on menu bar for on only mobile devices.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

That blank spot will be pretty small on some phones, but you can definitely add something in there.

1. Create a new Hook Element, and set it to the generate_inside_mobile_header hook: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

2. In the hook content, add something like this:

<div class="mobile-bar-items">
        <a href="URL TO YOUR HOME PAGE">Your text in here</a>
    </div>

Then set your conditions in the Display Rules and it should display πŸ™‚

George

Its telling me “This element needs a location set within the Display Rules tab in order to display.” and gives me a drop down but dont know what i should put.

George

i figuerd that part out and put entire site but the letters are real dim and the letters are on the right side and i wanted to try to have it set in the middle.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah sorry about that – I just updated the HTML above: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/adding-text-in-menu-bar-to-take-up-some-of-blank-space-on-mobile-devices/#post-786646

Can you give it another shot?

George

That did the trick right there. I really appreciate your help on this πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad I could help πŸ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.