[Support request] Adding sidebars on desktop outside the content container

Home Forums Support [Support request] Adding sidebars on desktop outside the content container

Home Forums Support Adding sidebars on desktop outside the content container

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tom

Hi,

I am looking to add a left and right sidebar on desktop. However when I enable sidebars in customise > layout > sidebars they appear inside the content container. I would like them to appear on either side of this container. How should I achieve this?

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i am not sure i fully understand as the link provided has no sidebars setup.

Are you simply wanting to display the sidebars whilst keeping the width of the main content ?
    If so then you need increase the Customizer > Layout > container –> Container Width

Tom

Hi David,

If I set up sidebars, they appear in the content container. I want them to appear on the left and right of the content container.

Editing the container width would not achieve this, I don’t think.

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can’t move them outside of the Content Container without custom development of the theme templates.
    If you increase the Container Width and change the Layout to Separate Containers in Customizer > Layout > container – it should give you the effect you’re looking for.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.