[Resolved] Adding Image in Home page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adding Image in Home page

Home Forums Support Adding Image in Home page

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    NaveenKumar Namachivayam

How to add a background image with fields like Name and Email to collect email address in home page.

Like in this example http://demo.generatepress.com/

Also, I would like to display recent and popular posts just below the iamge. Is it possible? Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Are you talking about the top area with the laptop image? If so, I used the Page Header add-on for that.

The actual HTML (collecting emails etc..) is up to you and can be added into the Content area.

For displaying posts, this plugin might help: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-show-posts/

NaveenKumar Namachivayam

Thanks Tom. Any references/plugins to add the fields in Page Header?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Usually the service you use for newsletters (Mail Chimp, Constant Contact etc..) give you the HTML for their forms, which you can then add into the content area of the Page Header.

NaveenKumar Namachivayam

Thanks Tom πŸ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

NaveenKumar Namachivayam

Tom,

I added the HTML code on my video page header. But it looks different in mobile and tablet. How do i make it responsive.

Please help me out πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You would have to use CSS media queries. If you’re getting the HTML from a place like Mail Chimp or Constant Contact, they might have a responsive version of the form.

NaveenKumar Namachivayam

Thanks Tom. I am using MailRelay. They do not have CSS-based forms. Any sample code I can get. As of now, my site is looking good only in browsers. Thanks!

My site: http://www.QAInsights.com

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

The form actually is responsive – I’m not seeing any difference between the desktop version and the mobile version?

NaveenKumar Namachivayam

Yes. But in iPad and iPhone, the video is not loading and text box and submit fields are overlapping the Latest Articles content.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Background videos won’t load on mobile devices – this is a limitation of the actual mobile devices in order to save you data.

If you set an image in the Image tab, it will use that as a backup when the video can’t load.

I’m not seeing any overlap on my phone.

NaveenKumar Namachivayam

Thanks Tom for the confirmation. Let me add an image. Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Daniel

When using an image as fallback, the image always loads first until the video has loaded.
    Is there any way around that? Seems a bit clunky to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.