[Resolved] Adding Featured Images for Categories

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adding Featured Images for Categories

Home Forums Support Adding Featured Images for Categories

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mihail

Hello,

Lately, I’ve been trying to add Featured Images for my Categories. I desperately need this and I am looking for a solution. I followed his tutorial on YouTube : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDjMmJRcB0Y&t=5s , but I did something wrong and I broke my site and I restored it with a backup.

I’ve followed this topic, https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/featured-image-for-category-pages/, and downloaded the ACF plugin to create the custom field for my Images in the Category term admin page.

Can you please take a look at how do I proceed with the custom field value and output it to my category archives?

Thank you in advance!
    Mihail.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Mihail,

I tried logging in with the credentials you provided but was locked out by Wordfence. Can you check?

Mihail

Hello Fernando, thanks for the reply.

Can you please check again?

Thanks.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I do not see the ACF plugin installed, what shall I be checking?

If you don’t have many categories, you can also use block elements to insert static images and assign them individually to each category archive.

Mihail

Hello, I did a backup and it seemed to remove the plugin and its data. Sorry about this.

I have 11 categories. Do you think adding block elements to insert static images for each category archive is a good idea? Will it slow down my website if I add 11 block elements for each?

Thank you in advance!
    Mihail.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Will it slow down my website if I add 11 block elements for each?

No, it won’t as each category archive only loads one element.

Mihail

Thank you Ying, I appreciate the help.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.