[Resolved] Adding featured image to an internal link

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adding featured image to an internal link

Home Forums Support Adding featured image to an internal link

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Harvey

Our site is up and running and we’re to the point where we’re able to link start linking posts to existing posts. Since all our posts have a featured image, is it possible to create a link that picks up the featured image from the post it points at and shows the featured image next to the text with the link? (As you might guess, I’ve picked up this idea from Facebook?)

Harvey, who is still smiling because GP is officially “accessible”

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Harvey,

I think I know what you mean, but I’m not sure if it’s possible. You would definitely need to use a plugin to achieve it.

If it’s linking from one WordPress site to another, WordPress does have built-in oembed, meaning if you paste the link to the other post into the Visual editor, it will grab the data from that post, which should include the featured image.

Harvey

I did search for a plugin, thinking that it’s such an obvious thing to want to do. (I have to admit that I can’t remember seeing the featured image of an internal link.) I’ve noticed that you have the ability to find plugins and was hoping the magic would work again. Ah well…

Merry Christmas et Joyeux Noël, as one says here in France,
    Harvey

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’ll definitely keep an eye out for one.

Merry Christmas! 🙂

Harvey

Thanks.

Harvey

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.