[Resolved] adding aria class to lightweight social icons

Home Forums Support [Resolved] adding aria class to lightweight social icons

Home Forums Support adding aria class to lightweight social icons

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    drew

Is there a way to add an aria class to the lightweight social icons (via your LSP plugin)? Perhaps with a custom function of some sort?

Specifically, I need to hide these icons to screen readers so they don’t get mixed up with unidentified characters by moving them into their own <span> class (not sure if a different inline tag would work or not). From there, giving that <span> an aria-hidden=”true” attribute while making sure no other content is contained within the <span> is what I’m trying to accomplish.

Many thanks,
    Drew

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Currently that isn’t possible unfortunately.

What you could do is build your own icons with Font Awesome. That way you can add any and all necessary HTML.

drew

Gotcha, I’ll have to check another solution then or just do exactly what you suggested and build something out directly. If you know of anything else that accommodates that accessibility requirement, I’m all ears 🙂

Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would definitely just go the Font Awesome route – that way you have full control.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.