[Resolved] Adding an invisible hit counter

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adding an invisible hit counter

Home Forums Support Adding an invisible hit counter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mike

Hi,

I am trying to add an invisible hit counter as my Google Analytics is completely screwed up and useless.

I am just a afraid of screwing anything up when adding code. I know it’s not rocket science, but when I select a page then go to Appearances > Theme Editor, I cannot find any proof to tell me I am on the right page.

The instructions say:

You will be able to see the stats on your wordpress admin, just click on the Who Hit The Page link on the side menu of your wordpress admin page.

Place the following shortcode snippet in any page or post you wish visitors counted on. [whohit]-Page name or identifier-[/whohit]
    please remember to replace the -Page name or identifier- with the name of the page you placed the shortcode on,
    if you like you can put in anything you want to use as an identifier for the page.

So I would place it after a closing action, and type say [whohit]-Home-[/whohit] but how do I get onto the correct page to edit?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Theme editor is definitely not the correct place to add the code.

It sounds like the code should be placed in the actual page content but I would recommend checking with the plugin support – the method shouldn’t be theme related.

Mike

Thanks, pasted it to the page and works fine.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.