[Support request] Adding an [external] URL Link to a Featured Image

Home Forums Support [Support request] Adding an [external] URL Link to a Featured Image

Home Forums Support Adding an [external] URL Link to a Featured Image

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    robmac

Hello,

At the risk of likely asking this for the millionth time, could you please link me to an easy to follow explanation/guide, as to how I can add a URL link to a Featured Image Please [ie, link to an external site]. Thank you.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

is this image going to be held in your Media library or served from the other site?

robmac

Thanks for the reply.
    I just tried to use a plugin-in, to source images from an external site, but it doesn’t seem to be working, so likely I’ll copy them and store them on my site.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    robmac

Thank you David I’ll take a look and come back to you if I have any more trouble! All the best….

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

If it’s the same link everytime, you could also consider this solution:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/add-custom-link-to-featured-image-on-post-page/#post-693006

Jeffrey

Thanks for both of your help – I know this is an old thread, but both of your options above do not work for some reason. The plugin does not make the feature image a clickable link in GP for some reason. And I need an option that I can switch the URL from post to post.

Thanks for any thoughts or recommendations you may have.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

could you raise a new topic and confirm if this is for the single post featured image

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.