[Resolved] Adding a tagline to each page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Adding a tagline to each page

Home Forums Support Adding a tagline to each page

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jo

Hi,

I would like to add a tagline for each page. I currently have a tagline for the site which only displays on the homepage and describes the business. However on other pages like ‘About’ and ‘Contact’ I would like the tagline to be ‘About | Charnwood Bookkeeping’ and ‘Contact | Charnwood Bookkeeping’ etc.

Many thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can’t quite picture what you want to do. Where would you like to add them?

Jo

Perhaps it’s not a tagline (sorry I’m not good with the terminology)

So currently the site has a tagline line “Bookkeeping Services – Charnwood Bookkeeping”.

When the home page is open this appears when you hover over the tab on a desktop and it appears as the title of the page on mobile.

For other pages like the ‘contact’ page, it is just appearing as ‘contact’ but I would like it to appear as ‘contact – Charnwood Bookkeeping’ and also the same for the other pages.

I’m really sorry I don’t know what this is called.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh I see.

I don’t think that would be good for your SEO as that’s not how title and taglines are used.

I would suggest leaving the title as Charnwood then the browser should automatically grab the page name and add it in front. You can see how it works on our site.

Jo

Yes, that’s what I’m talking about, as per your website.

So when you have the install page open in browser but then go to another tab…..when you hover over your website tab it says ‘Install Generate Press – Generate Press’. That is exactly what I want.

On my website when the contact page is open, when you hover over the tab it just says ‘Contact’. Why isn’t it saying ‘Contact – Charnwood Bookkeeping’ Is it because the site isn’t live yet?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Do you have Charnwood Bookkeeping entered as the site title?

Jo

That’s it! I knew it would be something simple 🙂

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.