[Support request] Adding A Button To A Table

Home Forums Support [Support request] Adding A Button To A Table

Home Forums Support Adding A Button To A Table

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Frank

Hi,

I am using GeneratePress Premium and GenerateBlocks Pro. Is there a way to add a button inside a table that I create with the WordPress Block Editor?

Thank You!
    Frank

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Frank,

Adding something to a table will depend on what or how the table is made.

If the table was from a shortcode and is not editable through Gutenberg (the Block editor), then you’ll may have to check the code that created the shortcode if it has any hooks that you can use to add in things like buttons.

If it’s some sort of a Table block that can be edited within Gutenberg then adding contents like buttons should be a simple drag and drop.

To get more context so I can provide a more helpful tip, can you link us to the page with the table? So I can observe it and find clues on how you can add your button to it. 😀

Frank

Hi, Elvin

I have not yet published the article so I don’t have a URL.

I added a “table block” and then created a “button block”. I tried to drag and drop the button into the table but it won’t work. I also tried to copy and past it into the table but that was also unsuccessful.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ah I see.

WordPress core’s Table block is very limited, unfortunately. It can take in strings(numbers and letters) but not blocks.

In this case you may want to consider using GenerateBlocks’ Grid block and create a table from it’s columns if you wish for the “table” to be fully editable by Gutenberg.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.