[Resolved] Add to Cart buttons on cart page not working for product variations

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Add to Cart buttons on cart page not working for product variations

Home Forums Support Add to Cart buttons on cart page not working for product variations

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Matthew

I’m having an issue using Add to Cart buttons on our cart page with linked variable products. The buttons seem to work with simple products only. With variable, a spinning circle appears inside the button, but nothing ever happens.

To recreate the issue, go to our site and add SnapPlate (Model Y) US to cart.

On the cart page, under You May Be Interested In, add Hitch Cover Removal tools (a simple product). No problem.

Next try Spare Parts – Plate Mount or Spare Parts – Black Screws (variations of the same product). They will not add to cart.

Any suggestions?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I think the issue here is that a product needs to be selected before adding to the cart with variable products.

However, there are no selections available under the You may be interested in section.

This is something you will need to report to WooCommerce’s support as the theme doesn’t handle the functionality like this.

For my own curiosity, how are you adding that section?

Matthew

In that example, those two variable items are set as linked items in the first product listing. It lets me add the overall product or specific variations as cross-sell or up-sell products.

Thanks, I guess I’ll just change the linked item to the main product for now. Not ideal, but at least it works.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sounds good.

I would still recommend reporting this to WooCommerce’s support so they are aware of this issue.

Matthew

Will do. My only support option is post to the forums and I’d say 90% chance they’ll say it’s a theme issue.

I did just notice one more curiosity about it. I can right click on the button and copy the URL, paste it in another tab, and it works just fine.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I’d say 90% chance they’ll say it’s a theme issue.

You can test it by activating a twenty series WP theme, or even just disable the WooCommerce module in GP Premium so there would be nothing added to WooCommerce from GP.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.