[Resolved] Add taxonomy description to Header Post Category Archive and Post Tag Archive

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Add taxonomy description to Header Post Category Archive and Post Tag Archive

Home Forums Support Add taxonomy description to Header Post Category Archive and Post Tag Archive

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joao

Hi,

I’m trying to change the look of category and tag archive pages.

I 1st. hided Page Title from Post Category Archive and Post Tags Archive pages and 2nd. added one template tag ({{post_title}}) and some text to those same pages. Now, I would like to add taxonomy-description for both category and tags Archive Pages. I can’t find the needed template tag to use (I tried taxonomy-description but doesn’t work…).

I know I can copy text to the header element but it would be nicer if I could keep managing content where it belongs (in tags and categories description). Is there a template tag that I can add to the header element? I searched for it but I wasn’t able to find it.

Best

Joao

P.S: Before using elements, I tried using some CSS code I adapted after searching our forum (see below).

CSS code:
    /* Remove page title from Categories */
    .category .page-title {
    display: none !important;
    }

/* Remove page title from Tags */
    .tag .page-title {
    display: none !important;
    }

This solution didn’t work because besides hiding page titles from those pages it also hided the taxonomy description I’m looking to maintain (now moving it to the header element).

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

I believe this is what you are looking for:
    https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/add-custom_field-description-in-category-header/

Let me know if this helps ๐Ÿ™‚

Joao

Hi, it was exactly that. And it works perfectly!
    Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.