[Resolved] Add spacer block to top of master blog page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Add spacer block to top of master blog page

Home Forums Support Add spacer block to top of master blog page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Clare

Hi there

I have had to reduce the padding of the top of the first block on all pages to zero so that there isn’t a gap showing between the header menu bar and the first block (as I’ve used background colour). I resolved the issue of the first line of text being right up against the header by adding spacer blocks. I can do this on all pages apart from the main blog index page which I can’t seem to edit at all (apart from the title). How can I resolve this issue?
    Thanks!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Clare,

Try this CSS:

.blog #content, .archive #content {
        padding-top: 38px;
    }

Let me know πŸ™‚

Clare

Thanks Ying.
    Can you just let me know where to add the code. I went into ‘options’ top right of the page under the 3 dots and chose EDITOR-code editor. There was some code already in there so I added in your code and nothing changed. Then I removed what was in there and added your code and noting changed. Not sure if I’m in the right place?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Clare,

You can check our brief documentation on how to add CSS – https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

The easiest way to do this is by adding through Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS. πŸ˜€

Clare

Yes, that’s done it. Thanks Ying and Elvin. I’ve also added the same code to create space at the bottom of the page – ‘padding-bottom’. Cheers!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thanks for letting us know. Glad you got it sorted. πŸ˜€

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.