[Resolved] Add Something Inline with Post Meta

Home Forums Support Add Something Inline with Post Meta

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jhmattern

I’m using a plugin to add estimated reading time to articles and testing it out on a private dev site.

I need this info to display either within the post meta or simply floating right, but inline with the post meta.

Didn’t see any way to hook into the post meta, and after the article title didn’t work (it put it below rather than inline, even with float styling applied). And I’m not seeing any obvious place in templates files to handle it in the child theme.

What would be the best way to do this?

Here’s the code I’m trying to display floating right of the post meta.

<?php echo do_shortcode('[rt_reading_time label="Reading Time:" postfix="min"]'); ?>

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you link me to the page in question with the content added in after_entry_title hook?

jhmattern

Unfortunately I can’t. It’s on a private dev site, so nothing’s viewable publicly.

But I was actually just coming here to close this anyway. While after_entry_title was pushing it below the post meta info, I was able to fudge it temporarily via CSS (w/ a negative top margin, which I don’t love doing, but it works in this case). At first it was fine in desktop but overlapping the meta info on mobile, but after tweaking it a bit more I’ve worked that out too. So for now it’s doing what I’d like and positioned how I’d like, so I’m just going to leave it be. 🙂

Thanks!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I think using flexbox would be a better solution.

We can definitely take a look when we the site is live 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.