[Resolved] Add Schema markup to author box

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Add Schema markup to author box

Home Forums Support Add Schema markup to author box

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Diogenes

Hi.

I am testing GP Premium 2.0.0-alpha.2 and am delighted with the possibilities this update offers ๐Ÿ˜Š

Replicate the author box shown that Leo shows in this video.

I have been reviewing the source code of the resulting author box and I see that the dynamic contents (such as the author or the container of the box) do not use Schema markup.

Is it possible to add Schema, both to the dynamic content, and to the generateblocks container of the author box?

Another thing: to the author’s image, check the option: Make image rounded, but I don’t round the image.
    Is it because I use the plugin: WP User Avatar, to use local avatars?

I would appreciate your comments.

Diogenes

Can someone help me with this please.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

apologies we missed your original topic it seemed to slip through out system.

Its not possible at this time to add schema markup – its something we’re looking at as part of the GB Pro plugin as that supports data-attributes …. ill have a chat with Tom about it.

So the Rounded option isn’t working for the Avatar image ? Any chance i can get admin access to have a look at the markup that is being used ?

Diogenes

Thanks for responding David.

Perfect, I am waiting for the implementation of schema markup, since it is very important for SEO.

I give you access as admin to my wordpress so you can see the rounding of the author image.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

What type of Schema are you intending to add? Presumably JSON-LD

Yep – looks like that plugin is switching out the HTML for its own which leaves out the GPP classes for styling.

Diogenes

I would like to add the microdata for the author box for the dynamic content, such as: person

Regarding the image that is not rounded, I assumed what you said, I had fixed it with CSS, but I wanted to mention it in case it was an error because it was in alpha version.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Cool – i’ll have a chat with Tom about it.

Yes – thank you for taking the time to test really do appreciate the feedback and time taken!

Diogenes

Thanks David, I mark it as resolved.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support
    George

Following the conversation since I am also interested in adding schema to a GB author box!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Definitely something we’re looking at as part of the Pro data-attribs !

John

Hello, I’m also looking to add schema to author boxes created using this tutorial. Is this possible yet? Thanks!

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi John,

You’ll need GenerateBlocks pro to add custom attributes for schema.

See more about it there –
    https://generateblocks.com/generateblocks-pro-1-1-0/#:~:text=More%20Custom%20Attributes,and%20itemscope%20attributes!

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

John

Hi Elvin, thanks for responding I do have GenerateBlocks Pro. Is there a tutorial on using it to add schema to a dynamic element like an author box?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

select the GB Block, in Advanced you will see: Custom Attributes
    Click on the ? mark to see what attributes are supported – for reference:

2021-12-16_14-51-04

You can now add any of the listed attributes eg. itemprop and its value eg. author

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.