Add "Related Post" without plugins

Home Forums Support Add "Related Post" without plugins

Home Forums Support Add "Related Post" without plugins

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Natalia

Hello Tom,

How are you?
    I am using GP Premium. One suggestion for the next update. Please, You could add the option to show Related Posts
    if possible without using plugins?
    Thanks,
    Regards.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Related posts are quite complicated as they need an algorithm to find out what’s related vs. what’s not.

Either way, it would definitely require a plugin. Any reason why you don’t like any of the established ones?

Michel

Anybody who wants to do related posts properly should go for the plugin called Yuzo. It’s much less database intensive than others, and it allows you to add posts manually to the list.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome, thanks for the tip Michel πŸ™‚

Marga

Hi, thanks you for the contribution! I was looking for a solution to show related posts in all the pages of my web, but with a particular category in each page showing thumbnail and excerpt. Finally I could do it thanks to Tom’s Plugin WP Show Posts πŸ™‚

Just a question: to apply simple changes in the style (I do Elementor for shortcode), for example in the titles of the posts, should I do it by css?

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

CSS is the way to go.

The next version of WPSP Pro has more styling options while creating the list πŸ™‚

Sagar

how, please tell me.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

i haver replied directly to your support topic here:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/show-related-posts-without-plugin/#post-1319157

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.