[Resolved] Add menu or text to secondary menu?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Add menu or text to secondary menu?

Home Forums Support Add menu or text to secondary menu?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Craig

Hello,
    Wondering if it’s possible to add an additional menu or text (e.g. phone number & email address) to the secondary menu.

Here’s a screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/apkec75fwo4qxe5/gp-test-screenshot.png?dl=0

Would it be easier to create a couple widget areas there with hooks instead of using the secondary menu addon?

Thanks!
    Craig

Bishop

Hi Craig,

I believe the way to do this is as follows:
    – Dashboard > Appearance > Menus and create a new menu with items you want in the Secondary Menu.
    – You can create an e-mail link and phone number link by adding a Custom Link, use # for URL and add

<a href="mailto:YOUR_EMAIL">LINK_TEXT</a>
    <a href="tel:YOUR_PHONE_NUMBER">LINK_TEXT</a>

– Next go into Customizer > Menu > Menu Locations > Select the menu you just created in Secondary Menu
    – Then you can style it in Customizer > Layout > Secondary Navigation.
    Let me know if this helps!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks Bishop! You nailed most of that.

To make your items float to the left like that, this should help: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/split-top-menu-into-left-and-right-section/#post-200423

Also, instead of the HTML above, you would just use the URL and Navigation Label fields when adding your custom links.

So mailto:YOUR_EMAIL in your URL field, and LINK_TEXT in the Navigation field.

Craig

Thanks guys! I didn’t think of adding a CSS class to float those specific menu items. Great idea!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad we could help 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.