[Resolved] Add Jupyter Notebook as external HTML file

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Add Jupyter Notebook as external HTML file

Home Forums Support Add Jupyter Notebook as external HTML file

• This topic has 14 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Leo.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    RAJAN

I migrated to new WP hosting and I am not able to find out what plugin or code used to add the HTML file, this is how it was earlier
    [include id=”notebooks/time_series_eda_forecast.html”]

Now I am trying to find out whether any new feature available to add the external HTML file eg:Elements. I have converted Jupyter notebook as HTML using nbconvert. I searched the supported topics, but didn’t find my exact requirements.

I tried embedding GIST but I don’t like the scrollbars due to IFRAME.
    https://www.cognoesis.com/2018/02/13/time-series-data-exploratory-data-analysis-forecast/

I am using GP Premium 2.0.2

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I fully understand. Are there any instructions on how to implement that code?

How would you implement it in a Twenty series WP theme? It should be the exact same method using GeneratePress.

RAJAN

Hi Leo,

I have been using GP premium earlier as well. It was GP 1.x version.

What’s your recommendation to embed external HTML file into the posts?

Thanks

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

How did you add it before and where are you trying to add it within posts?

RAJAN

I uploaded the HTML files and refer it using shortcode [include id=<src path>]

I don’t remember whether it was GP feature or plugin or some code added. I have the full back up of the old hosting, but i am not able to find out how is it being done.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

I uploaded the HTML files and refer it using shortcode [include id=<src path>]

I don’t remember whether it was GP feature or plugin or some code added. I have the full back up of the old hosting, but i am not able to find out how is it being done.

The shortcode definitely isn’t from GP. It’s likely something from a plugin or a custom snippet.

Check your functions.php or code snippets or plugins for any add_shortcode codes.

Or disable your plugins 1 by 1 to see which breaks it.

A wise man once said:
    "Have you cleared your cache?"

RAJAN

Thanks Elvin. I will check that. It was 2017 when i started the blog, i would like to know if you have any other recommendation for embedding external HTML file in the posts now.

RAJAN

I missed out one more point, I don’t have the full working backup from the old hosting. I took the backup of only the source and missed the db backup. I am not able to find out “add_shortcode” in the functions.php as well. So I am trying to see whether there is any better way to embed external HTML file in the posts.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

A shortcode would need its own function in order to work.

Without that function, I’m not really sure what we can do to help here.

Perhaps you can check with Jupyter Notebook’s support team first?

RAJAN

Is there any solution available to embed external file in posts using wordpress feature or GP?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Nothing built-in in GP.

The posts and pages functionalities are handled by WordPress entirely.

I Googled “embed external file wordpress” and saw some discussions so that might be a good place to start?

Or you can check with Jupyter Notebook’s support team to see how you can implement their content in a WordPress environment.

RAJAN

I tried various solutions before I post the query here. Thanks anyway!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    RAJAN

Those who are having this requirement can use this plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/include-me/ It works for embedding external HTML file to the posts.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you’ve found a solution and thanks for sharing!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.