[Support request] add featured image on tag and category archive

Home Forums Support [Support request] add featured image on tag and category archive

Home Forums Support add featured image on tag and category archive

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    david

i am using page header global location to archive too. the problem is the archive pages don’t have featured image to be used as background like it has on post/pages. How to add featured image on tag and category archive?

i tried categories images and category featured image but it doesn’t works. still looks like this https://s15.postimg.cc/glosnoqyj/Screenshot_132.png

any help would be a huge help

thank you

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you would need to create a separate Page Header with the image included for each of the categories.
    Alternative would be to take the shortcode created by one of the mentioned plugins and add this to a GP Hook.

david

Hello David,

Thanks for your solution. I have already think about that but making hundreds of categories (sub category included) would be a lot of hard work. That’s why i need featured image as solution. Can you help me further?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

There’s no simple solution to get the category images to display as the page header background. As WordPress doesn’t incorporate them it would require custom development.

The only simple solution would be to use the shortcode generated by the Category Featured Image plugin and add this to the Content area of the Category Page Header. It won’t be a background image so may take a little CSS to style it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.