[Resolved] Add Colored Background behind 2 Columns

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Add Colored Background behind 2 Columns

Home Forums Support Add Colored Background behind 2 Columns

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Linda

Hi David,

Here is the “new” post.

In the page listed below, the issue is the 2 column benefits bit partway down, pale green background. I used pre-formatted text and am not happy with the results. Hope not to have to use Elemntor to style it, however.

Goal is to have a solid pale green background behind both sets of benefits without the break that is currently there … and likely not using the pre-formatted block.

Thanks for your help as always … and best wishes for a happy and successful 2021!

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Linda,

Not exactly sure what you are trying to achieve but have you tried using the Grid and container blocks from GenerateBlocks?

Then the text can be headline blocks.

Let me know πŸ™‚

Linda

Hi Leo,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sounds as if that might work, but I have not heard of GenerateBlocks.

If you can please tell me how to find it, I’ll give it a try.:)

Thanks,

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

It’s a separate plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/generateblocks/

Some videos to help you get started here:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6qhGBk96asTcTWW42-yT2Q

Linda

Thanks for the info and link, Leo.

A couple of further clarifications:
    – Will the headline block you mentioned allow me to have a solid background color behind 2 columns, with no white space between the 2 columns as on the page now?
    – In your opinion, would using Elementor work just as well as the plugin? I’m always hesitant to add more plugins for speed issues.

Thanks again,

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

– Will the headline block you mentioned allow me to have a solid background color behind 2 columns, with no white space between the 2 columns as on the page now?

Yes

– In your opinion, would using Elementor work just as well as the plugin? I’m always hesitant to add more plugins for speed issues.

GenerateBlocks should perform much better than Elementor.

Linda

Excellent, Leo. Thank you.

For now, I removed the pre-formatted text columns, replacing them with 2 “plain” columns. The appearance is better until I can get the GenerateBlocks installed and work out how to use it to do what I’m trying to do.

Did you guys at GeneratePress create GenerateBlocks? If so, I know it will be a great and “light” plugin! πŸ™‚

Thanks again,

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes GenerateBlocks is created by us πŸ™‚

Linda

Thanks for telling me! And thanks to the GP team for creating a plugin for everyone to use. πŸ™‚

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

There will be a pro version of GenerateBlocks of course πŸ˜‰

Linda

Of course! πŸ™‚

But I’m hoping I can manage with the unpaid version. Pro versions of plugins start to add up fast!!

Hope you have an enjoyable and GP-free weekend! πŸ™‚

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

You can definitely achieve what you are looking for with the free version πŸ™‚

Linda

Good news. Thanks, Leo.

By the way, I really like the new feature allowing us to login right below the messages. Saves time and is so easy! πŸ™‚

Linda

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.