[Support request] Add a custom font?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Add a custom font?

Home Forums Support Add a custom font?

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ellie

Hi there,
    How can i upload a non-google font to use for my headings on the website? I have uploaded custom fonts into elementor pro but they are not showing in the Generate Press customise section.
    I don’t know how to code so am looking for a simple way to do this.
    Thanks
    Ellie

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Ellie,

Uploading them to Elementor won’t add them to the Customizer automatically, unfortunately.

Is the font included on the page using @font-face already?

If so, you might be able to do this alone:

add_filter( 'generate_typography_default_fonts', function( $fonts ) {
        $fonts[] = 'My Font Name';
        return $fonts;
    } );

Let me know 🙂

Ellie

Hi Tom,
    Thanks for your reply. I’m not sure what you mean by selecting the fonts to add to the page (I don’t have much knowledge of css i can only follow step by step instructions for code).
    I followed the instructions here https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-local-fonts/ eventually to upload the font (Bellaza) into the customiser so i have now selected the font in the customiser to use in the header, primary navigation menu and headings. However in the menu bar, the font is not appearing as the correct font or capitalising as I have set it. It appears to be times new roman instead.
    Any idea what the issue is?
    Also, my wp-admin panel does not seem to respond at all in Safari since switching to GP theme (it works fine in chrome). Is this a known issue?
    Thanks
    Ellie

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Did you upload your fonts to the Media Attachments ? Can you check the URL for each font in your @font-face CSS is correct.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.