[Resolved] Ad hoc widget needed

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Ad hoc widget needed

Home Forums Support Ad hoc widget needed

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mary

Hi,
    I am in the process of converting our website from the Suffusion Theme to GeneratePress. All is well, however, Suffusion provided ad hoc widgets which could be entered on any page.
    On our Suffusion site, I had an ad hoc widget into which I put a Gravity View Search. On the page, I then entered [suffusion widgets id= ‘1’]. The result was that the Gravity View date selector displayed.
    It must have taken me a year to figure out how to do that and now I am back to square one !
    Can you help me with this?
    Thanks so much.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sorry not quite understanding the question.

That widget looks like it’s created with the previous theme itself so unfortunately it won’t work with GP.

How are you adding the ad hoc thing? Through a plugin?

There are also widget section in Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets

Mary

Hi Leo,
    The Suffusion Shortcode plugin is what gave me the ad hoc widgets.
    It worked this way:
    From a Quick Links menu, there was an option for Wait List Request. That called the Wait List request Page. On the page, the ad hoc widget (gravity view search) was called and displayed a date selector (the date chosen was then passed to gravity view) and the view for that date was displayed…..
    I guess it was a really special feature.
    I can make the Wait List Request a separate widget but it’s nice inside the Quick Links menu.
    Thanks !

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not sure what Quick Links menu are? All those options sounds like are stored with the previous theme (which I believe it’s against the rule by the way, everything should be stored with WordPress itself).

We might have to find you some alternative plugins to achieve whatever you are trying to do.

Are you able to provide a link to show what you have before?

Mary

Hi Leo,
    I found a way to add an ad hoc widget… amr shortcode any widget plugin.
    M

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.