[Resolved] Accessibility Ready tag

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Accessibility Ready tag

Home Forums Support Accessibility Ready tag

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Harvey

From looking thru the Support Forums, it’s clear you’re well aware of the increasing need to address accessibility in Web sites. I haven’t been able to find that GP has the Accessibility Ready tag. Any comments on when that might happen?

Your committed user,
    Harvey

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It’s a very difficult tag to get on WordPress.org, but I’m working on it!

Currently, mostly everything is accessible. There’s screen reader text everywhere an icon is used for example (back to top button etc..).

The menu and hover dropdown type are accessible using the tab key. The click dropdown type isn’t accessible yet, working on that.

It’s definitely a top priority of mine to get everything 100% accessible ASAP.

If you notice anything that needs to be fixed, definitely let me know πŸ™‚

Harvey

Tom,

> It’s definitely a top priority of mine to get everything 100% accessible ASAP.

That’s all I needed to know. Will keep my eye out for the announcement. Meanwhile, I’ll worry about making sure my content accessible.

Harvey

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds good! πŸ™‚

Mary

Hi Tom,
    I already use GeneratePress on one website. I would like to use it on a new site but I need to know if it is accessibility-ready. Can you tell me the status?
    Thanks
    Mary

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Mary,

GP 2.0 was reviewed by one of the accessibility team members on WordPress.org and passed the test.

We’ll be adding the tag soon πŸ™‚

Harvey

Fantastic — congratulations, Tom. Choosing GP was a smart move!

Of course, that means I no longer have an excuse. It’s up to me to make sure my site is accessible.

Harvey

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks, Harvey! πŸ™‚

Mary

Hi Tom, Thanks for the quick reply. Are there or will there be any accessibility theme options I can turn on or off. Thanks again for the theme and the support!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No, all of the accessibility stuff is in the background. For example, using the tab key to cycle through the menu items etc..

Mary

Ok Thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem πŸ™‚

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.